Welcome to Bergen And Associates Counselling website. We're glad you're here. Please call us at 204 275 1045 for any questions you might have, or email us at email@example.com and your emails will be returned within a business day. Even easier…use our contact page to let us know your interest and we're happy to chat!
Frequently, when clients come to see us, even after the first appointment, they leave with:
- a sense of being unburdened
- a feeling of direction and purpose which provides a feeling of relief
- a freedom to explore and talk freely precisely because the therapist is not connected with them in the rest of their life
- a perception that "finally" facing something that is so important but up-to-now ignored issue is the right thing to do
- a plan or strategy that they have a committed therapist to help them with
- an awareness that the therapist is aware of the incredible courage and strength that it requires to go to the first session, and an awareness of the therapist's respect for the wisdom that is brought to the session
But let's be real. Seeing a counsellor usually is not most people's idea of a great time.
Before seeing a therapist, a person has often been mulling it over for a long time...sometimes they've had someone pushing them into it for some time (never a comfortable position for either).
A person doesn't know
- who to see
- what it will be like
- if they will be understood
- if they will be pushed too hard to talk about issues that are too personal or painful
Little wonder that us counsellor types have often been unfavourably compared to a root canal!
Let this website at Bergen and Associates Counselling answer your questions and familiarize you with our approach. Bergen and Associates Counselling uses iPads and cutting edge research to do our Feedback Enhanced Therapy which ensures that the process fits you. Make an informed decision about going to counselling.
The therapists at Bergen and Associates Counselling are available to facilitate the exploration of your difficult place. We offer an opportunity to create new and healthy patterns; to understand and step out of damaging routines.
Through careful and effective discussion, we can help you process a distressing situation or area of your life. Free from the "rut", you may discover a way to live the life you want to live.
Blog ~ A Thoughtful Look at Life
May 2, 2016
Sabrina's daughter challenges her to explain enough-ness to a five year old...most adults are still struggling to explain and understand the concept.
Reflections on the first year of marriage...
Michael Quiring writes about remembering his dad...on what would have been his 60th birthday...grieving a complicated relationship with a man whom he loved, who was addicted to alcohol.